Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or (Pay Per Click) PPC: What’s the right choice?
Administrator Web Design Tips Hits: 1900
Most effective online businesses naturally aim to maximum revenue and the bottom line.
To achieve this goal, companies significantly depend on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Pay Per Click (PPC) in an effort to drive users and traffic to their online presence and websites. The more users to visit your site, the more sales, more exposure to your message and services.
Both Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Pay Per Click (PPC) advertisement can offer profitable results. There are many differences between the 2 options. If your budget and time only allows for one of these marking options here are a few of the differences
Both Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Pay Per Click (PPC) advertisement can offer profitable results.
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) option
The right marketing tool to use strongly depends on what kind of company you run and what goals
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and as its name suggests, it targets organic search engine results. Before choosing to market your business with SEO, here are a few things to factor into your decision:
- It’s free
- 80% of website traffic comes from search engines
- Getting to the first page of search engines mean sustained traffic.
Keep in mind that since SEO is a free strategy, the competition will be extremely fierce. You won’t be the only one utilizing SEO, so you'll need to up your game. Improve your website’s functionality and aesthetics, as well as be consistent with your posts.
When to Choose SEO
The right marketing tool to use strongly depends on what kind of company you run and what goals you’ve set for the future. Below are more scenarios wherein SEO will be the better choice:
- You’d rather invest time and effort to get results in the long run, instead of paying money for quick results.
- When you want to increase your website’s value.
- Reaching the first page of a search engine means that you get sustained traffic.
The Pay Per Click (PPC) Option
PPC is a method that will get your website on the first page of a search engine
To use PPC, you'll need to dish out some cash to get results.
Unlike SEO that depends on consistently posting new content, PPC is a method that will get your website on the first page of a search engine through bidding. Here are a few handy things to know about PPC.
- You need to bid a certain amount for your ads to appear in the “sponsored results” section of search engines.
- You pay for every person who clicks on your promoted campaign.
- Examples of PPC tools include Google AdWords, Yahoo Advertising, and Facebook Promotions.
When to Choose PPC
If you are willing to spend money to generate traffic to your website, PPC is the way to go. Here are more circumstances wherein PPC will be the better marketing tool.
- You want immediate results.
- You want to target a specific age group, income bracket, and other demographics. If you're aiming for keyword domination since the top 3 sponsored links on a search engine results page receives 50% of the traffic.
- When you are promoting an event or limited-time offer.
PPC and SEO they are very complimentary to each other. If you are able to manage both Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Pay Per Click (PPC), you will get superior results rather than just choosing one.